Are trumpet players opinionated?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpet Dreamer, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    We are yet provided with another valuable lesson, which brings us back to the genesis of this thread. There are certain individuals who are obnoxious, loud and outspoken...while the comments made are not actually constructive, but meant to degrade and belittle. This is a bit more prevalant here than on other forums. Fortunately for the rest of us on TM, it is limited to a very few individuals!

It is certain that some here will continue to provide us with "teachable" moments with insight into the inner workings of a trumpet player, especially if they have proven that they are in the minority.

As a student of life, this is welcome and of great benefit to all.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    and yet -- I told you to practice!!!!!!!! and that is not constructive???? yup woodwind player, maybe a drummer -- who doesn't need to worry about atrophy in the embouchure from a lack of diligent, focused, intelligent practice -- ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I have some black ones from Japan where the big toe is separated from the rest of the toes. Works well in my Ninja boots, plus can tap my toe in dress shoes without the foot noticeably moving. (The Ninja gear comes in handy playing Mozart--the conductor will glare at the other trumpet player and yell at them for playing too loudly.)

We may, as a whole, be highly opinionated at TM, but at least the moderators are equal to the task!

turtlejimmy likes this.
  4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    [​IMG][/IMG]

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I just would like Vulgano Brother to let us all know his opinion as to how the trumpet sounds with a nunchuck mute.

6. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US

Where did you find ninja socks, do you live in Japan or was it made in China to be exported?

7. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    My Ninja boots were made in China; don't know about the socks. Was with a bunch of Germans, and it didn't take us long to figure out how to get the beer-dispensing vending machines to work after hours--we just plugged them back in. Kind of a German engineering thing, but I was the one that noticed the unplugged cord.

8. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    No beer?? A highly skilled team of Germans will be sent to fix that problem and make you feel foolish for not realizing the problem!

9. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    Well, this has turned out to be quite a successful experiment! We have had responses of a wide ranging nature, including not just opinions on opinions of and by the opinionated, but also morphing into socks and...my favorite subject, BEER! This got my attention as I was a very serious beer brewer for 19 years. Even won a number of awards for my "American Pale Ale" (first place at the North Texas State Fair), and my "Pilsner Urquel" (honorable mention at the Bluebonnet Festival, Dallas, TX). I think the beer thing came from the part of my family that originated in Bohemia (for those of us in Texas, that would be the Munich area).

And, as suspected, the opinions of the opinionated are wide ranging indeed! We even were treated to input by the totally clueless, which has made this far more entertaining than I would have imagined from the outset, and even more educational as well. And, to be fair, those of us who are a bit challenged are entitled to an opinion just like everyone else.
    And the moderators who saw fit to join in the fray displayed why they are moderators in the first place...always with a good deal of intelligence, wit and wisdom!

Thanks to everyone who contributed (yes, everyone!). Now time to go practice on my CarolBrass trumpet...then later I'll head upstairs to the bar and pour a pint of my favorite draft German Pils! Cheers, everyone!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  10. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Unwashed, used Ninja socks can be useful in the brewing process if trying to make a beer taste Australian. My opinion, anyway.

Munich doesn't produce great beer, just lots of it. My opinion, anyway.....

(If we wanted, the TM community could keep this thread going forever!)