Are you a "natural player"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tatakata, Jun 20, 2008.

1. westview1900

westview1900 Piano User

Nov 30, 2005
    I think that the pros endured problems. For instance, Mendez was kidnapped by Pancho Villa, Louis Armstrong was in reform school, Bud Herseth suffered a lip injury early in his career. I agree that they have intestinal fortitude to overcome obstacles.

2. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

We're on the same page t: if your suggesting there's no limitation or secret in accomplishment? I agree with clousemiester and hubnub- seems with small exception, there's no lasting disadvantage quality hrs. of practice won't remedy. Course i have to question whether a lethargic 'drive' isn't just disenchantment of accomplishment presented and compelled of reverential status? The Girls, the Glory and the Gold's only gonna get us so far, and is significant distraction in any event. I suspect that the small pleasures taken in hearing our progress would turn a meandering desire? Hearing's believing? Inexhaustible drive's a natural or innate quality at our ready, provided a clear view of genuine incentive?

-

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  3. clousemiester

clousemiester Pianissimo User

Jun 10, 2007
    Boca Raton
    An accomplishment of any goal is it's own reward, as well as incentive for the next. Each accomplishment is the fuel for the drive to continue the cycle. Some hundred years ago, when I attended high school, and the earth was still flat. I was privelidged to observe some of my band mates demonstrate this cycle.
    Unfortunatly, It is years later, that I understand the cycle.
    Natural talent gets you in the door. Development takes practice.

4. screamingmorris

screamingmorris Mezzo Forte User

Apr 4, 2007
    [deleted because I originally posted without realizing that this was an "artist" thread in which Andrew was supposed to be the only person answering]

- Morris

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  5. clousemiester

clousemiester Pianissimo User

Jun 10, 2007
    Boca Raton
    That Sounds Like a Really Bad Day!

6. Decentplayer

Decentplayer Mezzo Forte User

Jan 11, 2008
    USA
    Perhaps then, just IM Andrew himself, this way you can get you're answer from the person you intended to ask.

7. gregtrum84

gregtrum84 New Friend

Oct 19, 2005
    Boston, MA

Schwab likes this.
  8. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    Are you lost Decentplayer? This is the Andrew McCandless forum.

9. screamingmorris

screamingmorris Mezzo Forte User

Apr 4, 2007
    I did not notice that this was an "artist" forum in which questions and comments were intended only for Andrew.

I will delete my previous post and try to avoid all such artist threads in the future.

- Morris

10. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Usually people wait for the Artist to respond and then weigh in with their own comments. No need to delete posts or never respond in an Artist Forum again.