Army Audition

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by harveyhassanator, Apr 20, 2011.

1. harveyhassanator

harveyhassanator Pianissimo User

Sep 5, 2010
    Britain
    Just had a formal audition with the Welsh guards band. Was so fun! Also, they put me on 1st trumpet and I felt like I out played a few of them. Really nice bunch of lads and ladies. We were playing through the Royal wedding pieces. Was really fun! It was the first of several but, if anyone is thinking about it, through my experiences, it is totally worth it :) quite a lot of pressure but, if you don't mind that, its all good :)

2. reedy

reedy Piano User

Jul 31, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK
    sounds good, glad you had fun, I failed an audition a few years ago at kneller hall for the grant before I came to uni, nevermind, just going to apply again after uni :) how long has the whole process taken? a mate of mine has been waiting a year to join, passed her audition etc failed her fitness though...

3. harveyhassanator

harveyhassanator Pianissimo User

Sep 5, 2010
    Britain
    well, that is the first of them. ive got to go down again then they'll tell me if i got in or not. The band master said i should be fine so I'm feeling good about the whole thing :) over all I think from now to getting to kneller Hall will take another 6months but I don't mind the wait

4. reedy

reedy Piano User

Jul 31, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK
    thats fair enough, I might think about applying 6 months early before I finish uni :)