Around The World.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kujo20, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    So, I had an idea this week. I thought I might run it by you all and see what we think.

Here is the idea:
    We get a cheap trumpet (an Olds Ambassador or Conn Director for example), and send it to each other. Each time a person gets it, they can put a sticker or something on the case that features where they are from in the world. Each person could also take some pictures of themselves with the horn at a gig or by a local landmark (again kind of showing where you are on Earth). Everything could be posted right here on TM.

Every time somebody finishes with the horn (maybe a week or two?), they send it off to somebody near them. And so on...

I figured it could be really cool to see where it travels and who it comes in contact with. I know that we have a bunch of members in the U.S., some in Australia, China, Japan, and a bunch in Europe...plus I'm sure that there's much more.

What do you all think?

Kujo

2. rankamateur

rankamateur Mezzo Forte User

May 1, 2013
    Merry Ol' England
    You'd have to factor in customs fees, if applicable, but it sounds like a bit of a lark. It reminds me of a story that made the news here about a garden gnome that was 'stolen' from a garden (where else?) and then mysteriously, it was returned one day, many months later and intact. The owners found it back in its rightful place with a photo album beside it, showing people from all over the world posing with it - Thai kids one a beach etc. There are some odd folk about, for sure!

3. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Yeah, I just thought about the shipping fees and whatnot. It would be difficult to ship overseas and in and out of certain countries....

Perhaps a thread with the same idea, but with our own instruments? TMers Around the World? Pictures of you and your instrument next to a local landmark or city sign...

I just think it might be cool to get an idea of where everybody is from besides the "Location" thing under our avatars.

Any other thoughts?
    Kujo

4. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    That idea of something being sent round the world actually was first done with a teddy bear, as a charity gig. But the idea of pics in a special gallery sounds good.
    I'll combine the two ideas... A WEIRD DUET.jpg