Arturo Sandoval concert!!! wooohoohoo!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by chet fan, Jul 17, 2009.

1. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Colors Of The Wind...;-)

2. rettepnoj

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Hi, I would love to see those videos! But I don't get any hits on your name! Add me if you can...:-)

3. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Eh, whatever it's called! HA. Thanks for the heads-up. The point I was trying to make (unsucessfully) is that it's a song like "Mary Had A Little Lamb" but he really plays it quite musically.

4. rettepnoj

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    One of my favourites..:-) Just listen to the soft playing after the high part at the end....unbeliveable..:-) I also love his version of I Remember Clifford from GRP All Star Big Band. Almost the same as Color of the moon...soft and melodic, then suddenly he become a ballad-killer....

5. rettepnoj

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Looks like he is playing the Hub Van Laar OIRAM trumpet! I know he is using the OIRAM flugel......cool..:-)

6. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    I'm from Rijeka, I live 5 minutes from where the concert took place. I was so fortunate because I cannot really afford to travel. Im still in a shock to be honest. Even before I saw the concert he was one of three of my favourite players among Chet Baker (thats where my username cames from) and Dizzy Gillespie. I am so glad he included my town in his tour. When I found out about it I thought it was some mistake, I couldnt beleive. I still cannot beleive to be honest.

Great player, and his music is full of humor, so inventive, amazing.
    His piano performance and drumming are equally impressive. True musician.
    Have you noticed how he controlled flugelhorn in high register? I never heard anyone play flugelhorn like that. Shame he played it just for a few moments, but still it was magic.

His trumpet playnig needs no comment really its the best there is definately the best living trumpet player in the world. Unbeleiveable.

Also I am impressed by the band, the guys were awsome too.

Also I would like to mention saxophone player Ed Calle. He is an awesome player, such an inventive improvoser, but more importantly he was such a nice guy, he was so friendly he chatted with fans after the concert, he gave autographs, was aways smiling and friendly. It was really the pleasure meeting him.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009