Arturo Sandoval to Norway 4/6 09

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rettepnoj, Apr 25, 2009.

1. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    [​IMG]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    Way to go!:cool:

3. peanuts56

peanuts56 Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2009
    You never know which Arturo will show up. Saw him in 03 and he was amazing. Ended the show on 7 Steps To Heaven and he nailed a G over Double C that would have made MF proud. Saw him a little over a year ago at Fairfield University and he played the horn for maybe 6-7 minutes the entire night. He preferred to sing, play percussion,synthesizer, jews harp, sing through the trumepet and play piano. He had a guest singer from Hartford and it was obvious they had not rehearsed as they spent 5 minutes talking before each song they did. He basically screwed around the whole night and when he did play he sounded very out of shape. I was so pissed I wrote to his management company telling them what a waste of one hundred and ten dollars he was. When he decides to play the horn there are few players who have his skill and mastery but I will never again waste my money to see him after that performance in Fairfield Conn.

4. rettepnoj

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    I have heard other telling me the same thing! I know that the crowd here in Norway want to hear him play the trumpet! I don't remember when he last visited Norway (around the 1990s), but people told me he didnt touched the horn in the second set! I really hope he focus on the trumpet this night! The last GREAT GREAT jazz trumpeter that visited Norway was Wynton Marsalis in -94. We need to hear some SERIOUS trumpet playing now..:-)

I respect his mastery of all the instruments though! He is a great musician..:-)

5. Rich Wetzel

Rich Wetzel Pianissimo User

Dec 27, 2003
    Tacoma, WA
    If you have never seen Arturo live, go do it!!! He is such a pleasure to meet, to hear play on recordings and live he is out of this world! I know you will have a great time. I thought I had a pretty darned good Arturo compilation till I read that one guys collection, nice!

6. rettepnoj

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    I got my ticket, and can't wait to see him!!
    And I didn't realized how big my collection was, until I wrote it down! Probably forgot some to..:-)

7. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Check out the message Arturo left on his public profile!