Arturo Sandoval trumpet competition/ festival

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Adam Smith, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Adam Smith

Adam Smith Pianissimo User

Jun 23, 2006
    MTSU
    I am looking for some details on the arturo sandoval trumpet competition/festival. Malcolm Mcnab, Sergei Nakariakov, Bob Karon, Lew Soloff, Gary Grant, Guy Touvron, Wayne Bergeron, and Claudio Roditi are the artists. I just wanted to see if anyone went last year and find out how it went. Also, if anyone went last year, what was the cost of the festival (not the competition) and what was the hotel situation. I am really excited to see all these great trumpet players at the same time! Plus a rare opportunity to see Sergei in the U.S. Here is the website, but it dosent have much info on it yet.
    Arturo Sandoval - Trumpet Competition

2. bilboinsa

bilboinsa Piano User

Jan 24, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    WOW! Looks like I'm a headed to Miami this May.....

Major thanks for that heads up!

3. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    I can't.. Too bad theres a Jazz Festival every year in Old Town Sacramento that I'll be going to :D

4. kmm0805

kmm0805 New Friend

Jul 20, 2006
    Boston, MA
    The competition has been postponed...at least that's what it says when you click on the link.

Was wondering what the deal was with the competition, but had assumed it was cancelled/postponed since no new information had been posted for a long time and the dates were supposed to be May 15-18th-ish.