Arturo Sandoval visiting Oz

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tjcombo, Apr 10, 2013.

1. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Check the train travel times (CountryLink website) - 4 hours 20 minutes Canberra Station to Sydney Central, not counting the 20 minutes it takes me to drive to the station here.

Unless I break the 110km/h speed limit it takes about 3 hours to get to the western suburbs. So maybe 3.5 hours to the Sydney CBD?

And of course following my suggestion Sydneysiders can still drive or ride to Canberra in the apparently short time they think it is, while the Wagga Wagga, Coome etc. folk will still be happy.

--bumblebee

2. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    This is an "if you only had pants you'd be your uncle" discussions. The promoters have taken a low risk approach and picked our two biggest cities for the shows. I'd have preferred a better hall for the Melbourne show, but they're the breaks. If he was playing only in Sydney, or even Canberra, I'd find an excuse to make a trip coincide with the show.

Promoters aren't going to put a show on in a small town rather than a neighboring city in the hope that big city folks will drive a few hours each way. Hard-core trumpet nuts would make the trip, but filling the room is a risk that promoters wouldn't take.

I have my tix for the second row from the front. Hoping that making some magic will rub off from that distance :-)

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    He sometimes "flips" his flugel "six-shooter" style to get out all the "condensation". Maybe you'll get lucky and get hit! ;-)