Arturo Sandoval

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Sep 12, 2007.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Going to See Arturo Sandoval tonight!! I just thought I'd share that with everyone :) :) :) He's one of my favs and this is my first time seeing him.

2. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    I have seen him several times and every time am just amazed at his talent and what a down to earth guy he really is. The last time I saw him [ about three years ago] he spent over half the time on the piano and played it just like the trumpet - FAST. Have fun and give us a report. Dave

3. bilboinsa

bilboinsa Piano User

Jan 24, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    I saw him a couple of months ago in Austin--before he switched to a WT. He's playing here in a couple of weeks--outdoors, but hey, still the Man! Can't wait to hear him on the new horn!

4. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    It was AWESOME!!! I would not do it any justice at all if I even tried to describe it. He sounded just like he does on his albums (even better). I tell ya, live performances are the Sh**! You hear your favorite tunes (mine being "Rhythm of our World") played differently than what you hear all the time on their recordings. Unfortunately he and his band had a rough day and were not in any real mood to sign autographs. I really wanted a picture with him (as he is my favorite) but I did get some pictures of him in action.

It was amazing. Cloud nine right now.

(I was in the third row) and it is totally worth the ringing in my ears that will probably last the rest of the week. When I take my horn out at work tomorrow I will be sad (but at the same time inspired).

AWESOME!!

Eric S.

5. bilboinsa

bilboinsa Piano User

Jan 24, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Did he say anything about his new horn?

6. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    No he didn't say anything about his new horn (but I can attest to how awesome it sounds!)

(Thanks Arturo, that meant the absolute world to me)

Eric

7. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    years ago when he played at Purdue after the concert he came back out on the stage and talked with us for about 1/2hr. he was playing a Schilke S32 with a standard Bach 3C back then. he answered any questions and just was as friendly as could be, just a super guy. I imagine as the years pass each concert take more out of him he he needs to rest and relax after the show.
    he uses a lot of energy and none of us are getting younger. Dave

8. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Exactly, I agree 100% I am only 24 and even I get tired on our tours sometimes.

9. Jhorn229h

Jhorn229h Pianissimo User

Feb 17, 2006
    Should be a good show show. Just make sure you leave your wives and daughters at home.

J

10. bilboinsa

bilboinsa Piano User

Jan 24, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Nah, bring 'em along....better chance of a picture! :)