Arutunian recording

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by latinjazzcat, Mar 9, 2004.

1. latinjazzcat

latinjazzcat Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    West Virginia
    What are some of your favorite recordings of the Arutunian Trumpet Concerto? I've started to (sort of) work this piece up, lol, and I'm unfortunatly lacking a recording. So who do you guys (and gals) recommend?

2. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Try to find a recording with Timofei Dokshizer playing. He is the authority on that piece.

3. trumplyr

trumplyr Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Rochester Hills, Mi.
    I've got one at home that Bibi Black recorded. Don't know the title or record company, 'cuz I'm at work, but you could probably find it on Amazon. It's a great recording and she plays fantastic.

Marty

4. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    I agree. You can order his recording that has the Arutunian on it through the ITG. It was sent to members for free at one point, but if you conctact them you can order the CD for a reasonable price.

5. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    I might stay away from the Bibi stuff but she is HOT. I used to have a poster of her. where did she go I wonder?

6. trumplyr

trumplyr Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Rochester Hills, Mi.

7. Bryan_sop_trumpet

Bryan_sop_trumpet New Friend

Jan 22, 2004
    Cambridge, UK
    Sergei Nakariakov has recorded th Aratiunian on his album 'From Moscow with love' Sounds excellent.

8. Meldog

Meldog Pianissimo User

Nov 24, 2004
    Blaine, ME
    I would second the Sergei Nakariakov recording of the piece. It is by far my favorite recording of the piece along with just a great overall CD!!
    Adam Metzler

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    ARTURO!

10. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    :shock: