As politely as possible...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ROGERIO, Feb 17, 2005.

1. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    :-?

I'm really enjoying this section... but.... could I please, please ask that we let Manny answer the questions... (first)

Yes, I know... I know... it's a public forum.... but I think the idea here was to have a source for questions to be asked directly to Manny... and Manny would give us an answer and we would move on from there... it seems to me that it was created with this in mind... it was ment to be different from all the other forums...

Can we agree to let Manny answer the question FIRST and then folks can chime in as they please AFTERWARDS...?

No flaming please... I really wanted to do this as politely as possible.

Thanks.

If you got your underwear in a tangle then... :-P just kidding ...

2. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    "Hey... oh crap"

(Oh wait we're meant to let Manny answer first :D )

ps. My tongue is firmly in my cheek!!! ;-)

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Rogerio, granted, Manny is probably going to have some of the best answers to the questions posted here, but

1.) Just because someone may post prior to Manny doesn't invalidate what they have to offer and

2.) I have yet to see a thread on this forum where Manny didn't answer and answer quickly.

In light of those two things, does it really matter? Manny will give great advice as always and you will get it in a timely manner. Just scroll down past all of the hooligans that are posting first and read Manny's post.

Ignore the rest of us if you wish. It's your right to read only what you want as much it is our right to post what we want in a public forum.

I can undertand your point and in fact, most of the time I will actually wait until Manny has posted before I chime in, however there was one time where I felt I had something relevant to add and Manny hadn't yet posted....however, by the time I marshalled my thoughts and got them typed it, Manny already had replied! :-) (Remember my comment about Manny posting in a timely manner?)

4. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    :shock:

5. R.A.S.

R.A.S. Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2004
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    Patrick,
    Good perspective. Some of us are on more often, and unwittingly answer before Manny has a chance.

Others,
    Sorry if I have been the one to do this too many times.
    So many of these questions are just wonderful discussion starters!

(BTW - anyone else try brown rice in Manny's fried rice? Yumm!)

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Guys,

Honestly, it's not a problem, at least for me. If you have a thought, go for it.

ML

7. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    You know Manny, I still think it's amazing that you come on and freely offer what you know. I mean, I'm "Joe Nobody", playing part time in a Rock and Roll party band making about $6K a year playing. Nobody outside of Baltimore (and these forums) really knows who I am (and there are plenty of people here in Baltimore who would say "Patrick who?") and although I play ok (and at one time, I played even better than "ok") I'm still not a cut-above, I'm still not world class.

You, on the other hand.....wow! I'm not trying to blow sunshine up your arse on purpose, but geeze, we are truly privileged to have you here. Thanks so much for being here.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    I really enjoy this forum as well! Thanks for your time Manny!

9. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ

Trickg,

You are so right.... (not about your playing ;-) .... ) but about how it is a privilidge to have Manny answering questions...

Heck... he could set himself up on PAYPAL and make a few bucks... don't get any ideas Manny.... we like it just the way it is.... :D

Happy Friday everyone!!!! Three day weekend for us corporate folks.... means and entire day of practice if your spouse isn't off too...

10. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Hey, thanks!

If it weren't for the fact that I just make up the answers to questions I would be charging!

ML

P.S.

Thanks. You guys humble me with your kindness. Please know that it's my pleasure to help when I have some info that might be useful. The way I see it is we're all in it together and if one of us can help another get better, it's an obligation. Remember, it's my goal that everybody with a concern that posts on TM improves because of the information we all can share. That's the TM vibe!