Audacity Trumpet Spectra

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sethoflagos, Apr 18, 2015.

1. redintheface

redintheface Pianissimo User

Nov 8, 2010
    Bath, UK
    Wow, Seth, the spectra for the Inderbinen makes me want to hop on a plane to Switzerland immediately and try one out!

2. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    If you go there, try and get Inderbinen's advice on the right mouthpiece for it. I've tried Seth's new toy as well, and I found it extremely mouhpiece sensitive - more so than other horns. It seems to like small rims and very shallow cups.
    That said, I've got the feeling that the difference in the spectra might be due to the huge difference in materials used (by comparison to other hooters). Valve casings are very thin stainless steel where they don't touch anything to do with valve slides or bell - upper half, in fact - and many other parts of the horn, specially lower valve casings and some slides, are bronze. Yes, bronze.
    The use of stainless steel where it does not resonate might be the reason why the Inderbinen does not break anyone's back. If constructed to the same level of stability out of traditional trumpet brass, it would rate as a heavyweight...
    I was most intrigued by a half-moon shaped weight placed inside the bell bow... couldn't figure out it's significance, but I suspect that it is just there to redress some resonance problem.

I know I've been rambling, but I still need to sort my thoughts out about that horn... yet undecided whether to like or hate it. Let's just say that I am happy for Seth that he is happy with it, but that it is very far removed from my style of playing and my understanding of a trumpet. But in many respects, I am just a dusty old traditionalist.

3. redintheface

redintheface Pianissimo User

Nov 8, 2010
    Bath, UK
    I notice that there are half a dozen different designs of Bb trumpet alone, plus his all new "fatty", and each one is designed for a different purpose. Did you have a particular one in mind? Seth appears to have the Alpha, has anyone tried the "Studie", for example?

Sorry, might need another thread for this discussion!

Nick

4. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria