Audition time

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Feb 22, 2006.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Hello everyone

I am about to do an audition (in April). Because my degree is not primarily a performance degree it is more of an academic degree, I do not get in the same amount of practice one would in a performance degree and therefore my stamina/endurance is not quite what it is during the summer months when I work as a professional musician.

So my question is this. How might I be able to work up my endurance while keeping to a minimum of 1 hour/day to a maximum of 4 hours/day practice time?

Also the audition calls for one "commercial" solo. What might this constitute? If I play, say, "I Remember..." by Dana Wilson, would that be sufficient enough?

Thanks all
    Eric

2. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
  3. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
  4. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    cool!

I do a mix of both, adjusting it to fit my level when needed be. I also keep in mind something John Hagstrom wrote along the lines of the way to have endurance is to first build the length of time by playing simple things.

Doing some of the things outlines by those guys has helped me a lot in the past few months when it comes to building endurance.