Audition tomorrow-- need tips

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Pie Girl, Jul 31, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I really am. Thanks Sidekick!

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    hey GM, is this a true statement? -- just wondering about my future -- ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. Pie Girl

Pie Girl New Friend

Sep 7, 2010
    Thanks so much for all your advice guys, I just went up there and played my solo and totally rocked and I got it, I was shaking in my boots (literally haha) but it didn't come through much in my tone and I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

4. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Congratulations!

--bumblebee

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Wow... You have no idea how I was pulling for you. I could tell in your posts you were building the confidence to get this, because in the end, confidence is the majority of the task, and the rest of it is a solid trumpet foundation. Sounds to me like you have both.

6. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    post the music so we can see!

7. Sidekick

Sidekick Mezzo Piano User

Apr 14, 2011
    London UK
    We all knew that you would show your true grit.

Well done and Congratulations.

8. JNINWI

JNINWI Piano User

Apr 26, 2011
    Earth
    WOO Hoooooooo !! :thumbsup: Whats that familiar sound I hear ? Oh Yes, it's a new Lead Trumpet player in the making !!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  9. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Well done, very well done, I'll tell you a story now to make you laugh, My grade 5 exam I played Prince of Denmarks March (aced it) then a transcription of the aria Softly Awakes My Heart, for some reason the nerves kicked in and I began to shake It wasn't a great performance and i was very unhappy with it, I lost three marks with the comments about how much my fast vibrato had added to the piece, which goes to show you can never tell

Really pleased for you

A

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    CONGRATULATIONS --- now quickly hop on over to the following thread http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/f131/why-trumpet-world-so-male-dominated-73371-7.html#post713082 --- and boost the confidence of young ladies who are concerned WHY THEY PLAY THE TRUMPET, and how they don't see many women playing the trumpet ------------------------Pie Girl, there you have it -- be a contributor to TM, help shape the future trumpet world!!!!

Cornyandy likes this.