August 22

Discussion in 'Wise Talk!' started by wiseone2, Aug 15, 2005.

1. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    This is the date of Lew Soloff's masterclass. I am going to make this one. It would be good to meet the TM guys there.
    Here is the info on the festival-
    http://www.fontmusic.org/

I'll have on a red shirt :cool:
    Wilmer

2. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Wish I could be there Wilmer...

Okay all you folks who are planning on being there.... wear a red shirt!

;-) Just messin with you Mr Wise!

3. BPinard

BPinard Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2005
    Setauket, NY
    Look forward to seeing you there!

I'll be wearing an orange shirt.

(The wave of the future: using shirt colors instead of cards or numbers for identification!) :lol:

I'll also bring my digital camera so maybe I could get a few pics and report back to you guys! :)

4. Spitty

Spitty Pianissimo User

Oct 3, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hey guys, Hi Wilmer!,

I'll be there - I'll try to wear a red shirt - although I don't think I have one.

Anyway we'll find each other. This should be a great event - let's all hang man!

The first two weeks of the festival have been unreal so far - Bill Dixon was wild and beautiful, Dave Douglas blew the roof off of The Jazz Standard in tribute to Lester Bowie and the roof off Tonic in tribute to Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle, Corey Wilkes showed that Chicago has just as much to offer as NYC in the way of great innovative trumpet playing. Bobby Bradford and Dennis Gonzalez paid tribute to Bowie as well with breathtaking performmances. Kneebody, featuring trumpeter Shane Endsley displayed their unique, groundbreaking style of music - unlike anything you've ever heard.

This week and next FONT Music continues - check out www.fontmusic.org. This week alone there are a dozen trumpeters appearing at Spark - 161 West 22nd street in NYC. Players like Matt Lavelle, Peck Almond, Diego Urcola, Nabate Isles, Peter Evans and many others will be featured.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    If you guys are all going to wear red. please make sure someone has a camera with them. that should be a great shot! :D

6. BPinard

BPinard Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2005
    Setauket, NY
    If everyone's going to wear red, I might as well wear red too.... :cool:

7. Trumpet Hobo

Trumpet Hobo Pianissimo User

Aug 14, 2005
    Minnesota
    I'm not going......but I will still wear a red shirt! :-)