Aussie (Melbourne) TMers - Atlantic Horns in-store appearance 15/9

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tjcombo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    These guys are making an appearance at The Music Place, South Melbourne next Monday evening at 5-6PM. Looks like the event is organised as part of this store taking on the Inderbinen horns.

If you're thinking of going, it might be worth giving the store a call to get on the attendees list as the event is not listed on their website.

Peter McNeill likes this.
  2. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Has Thomas started giving discounts to dealers?

3. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thomas? I guess that you're talking about Mr Inderbinen. I'm afraid that I don't know him Seth.

The markup applied to most brands of horns in Oz would leave room to make a buck even if they were purchased in the countries of origin.

This is no reflection on David Temby who runs the business, just on the way niche products like musical instruments are sold here. His shop is a good place run by good people and the only time I've met him, he seemed like a decent bloke (supported the Aussie Trumpet muster with a great lineup of horns).

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  4. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    Thanks for the info, TJ. Melbourne's a bit of a trek for a weekend visit anyway :-)

5. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    We would not get the opportunity to play these horns, as buying the inventory to support being a dealer is a big capital investment. They are rare down here - I have heard of them, but never seen or played one.

Considering the airfares to Switzerland, it is a cheap option to try and buy in Melbourne. I know where I will be going next (when I have some spare dosh). Good luck to them for the initiative. Thanks TJ for letting us know.

6. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    I thought the Atlantic was a Taylor?

7. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    What is an Atlantic horn? I can't find anything in a quick google search.

8. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
  9. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    That's them Seth. Using "Horns" plural makes all the difference to the search.

10. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Try searching UK eBay, there is one advertised there.