Aussie Trumpet Muster Sat 28th June 2014 1:00pm to 4:30pm

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Peter McNeill, Mar 31, 2014.

1. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    The big day is here. Packing the horns to take along, tearful, possibly last play of two that will have "for sale" signs on them.

It's strange, you never realise just how good something is until you try to let it go (Studio and French)

Wonder if Pete got any sleep last night?

2. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    A very successful muster, caught up with several people I had not seen for some time. At least 120 horns to play, no of visitors a bit disappointing, estimated about 30, an excellent talk and demonstration by Greg Spence.

I came home with one more horn as the winner of the door prize (I took 30).

Many thanks to Peter, his wife and sister in law for their organization and assistance. I hope we can do it again.

Regards, Stuart.

3. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Thanks Guys,

It was a fun day. Total was 138 horns tabled in the end. Greg Spence gave a great Workshop, and really enthused a couple of players with his concepts. And he fitted in the time between gigs, he had a 2hour drive after the Muster to get to Euchuca - up on the Border. Thanks Greg.

David Temby just moved so many horns into the event at the last moment, and certainly has some great horns in his arsenal - Not long enough for me to really get around to play them all. But I had a Ball. Stuart went home with one more (as he said)... Good win Stumac..

A successful day - horns that I truly believe will never be seen again together... what a blast.
    Photos to be added tomorrow - I'm in need of rest - and now my wife knows all the horns I have - good discussion going home....

Westgate Concert Band - Hosts (Roy, Daniel, Dan and Janet)
    Braybrook College - Venue
    WindTech - Peter Jerabek
    Temby Trumpets - David Temby
    Greg Spence - Guru - Mystery to Mastery
    Ivan Hunter for the Give-aways - Magic is the word
    AND all you great Contributors, and attendees - great day.
    And my lovely wife and family

Thanks to all - Learnings - June is TOO Cold for this - maybe Spring/Summer would be better...
    And some background backing music to get the place blowing.

4. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks Peter. I drove home totally blissed-out. Tables full of horn-p*rn and a bunch of really nice people.

Greg's presentation was great.

My chops are chafed from playing so many different horns.

Some real surprises. ..

Dave Temby has some great horns.
    Your Charlie Melk restored Recording was up there amongst the very best
    The Committee did nothing for me
    The little Red Jupiter pocket was really good
    I'm still really happy with my own horns

so much fun!

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I have 8 of those!!! Have (or had) a great time!

6. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    So far no one has given the answer to the question on the forefront, everyone wants to know..... Like guessing the number of beans in the mayonnaise jar at the county fair......

How many high "C" s ???? :-)

7. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I heard a few and beyond, played a few myself, nothing that made me take my ear plugs out of my pocket though. My wife keeps telling me I am deaf, perhaps she is right.

Regards, Stuart.

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I think it needs to be the double high C for it to mean anything!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    It was way too communal and musical for DHC contests to break out. One of the highlights was to see and hear spontaneous mini-jams breaking out as the afternoon progressed. No egos, just a bunch of people with a common passion.

Surely there was something for everyone...
    [​IMG]

Apologies to Stumac for blurring you. The first two tables on the right were largely Stuart's horns with Peter's horns covering the next tables on the left.

Peter can be seen in the upper left sitting at the entrance registering horns and owners.

10. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Great Photo: That's just Stuart moving at Full Throttle...