Austin Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mark_Kindy, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    I recently received a Trent Austin 3c Slug (delivered in a timely manner by BustedChops)

The sound on this mouthpiece is phenomenal, very round and full.
    The rim is very comfortable, one of the most comfortable rims I've ever played on.
    The mouthpiece plays excellently in all registers... for me it's much easier to move around on than my Bach 3c

Well done Trent, is all I have to say. This one is definitely a keeper for me, I love it, and I will pass word on about it!

NotCody likes this.
  2. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Trent makes good stuff. I absolutely love his backbores, too.

3. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    I have 4 of his mouthpieces...3C, 5C, 7M & TA Lead. All of them excellent! The TA Lead is great for working in the upper register. All of these have a very rich core tone that you will not find on many other brands!

4. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thanks guys.... lots of new stuff coming this year as the shop tries to kick up a few more notches!

I just got the first initial reports on the Trombone prototypes... very cool!

I really appreciate the support!

5. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Your name is getting around down in Texas too, I unleashed a ACB 3C in the community band and now a few of the fellows how picked ACBs off Ebay and are deciding on whether or not to get customs!

6. hhsTrumpet

hhsTrumpet Piano User

Dec 3, 2011
    California
    How are the articulations? I recently tried my friends's Curry mouthpiece and noticed that I'm trying way too hard to articulate on my mouthpiece. I didn't like the sound though.
    Also, is there anywhere i could try ACB mouthpieces?

7. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Good, your issue is with the Yamaha cup. I used Schilkes for years the different shape makes articulations much more difficult so that explains that. The articulations are good, and what did you not like about the sound?

8. hhsTrumpet

hhsTrumpet Piano User

Dec 3, 2011
    California
    I don't particularly know why but I just liked my mouthpiece's sound better.

9. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    The total richness and center core to the ACB's mouthpieces blows everyone else out of the water...and you can take that to the bank! Articulation? It's all in the lips and tongue. But it's like buying a pair of shoes - you find a pair that fits.

10. hhsTrumpet

hhsTrumpet Piano User

Dec 3, 2011
    California
    Rim and cup affect articulation.