Australian repairs

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ozboy, Dec 22, 2009.

1. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    Morrie Zahner from Bettersounds Australia is a complete genius. A nitwit kicked my Schilke off its stand. Horn arived home today. It is immaculate. If you have a good horn that needs work done in Australia, he is the man.(Just for the record i have no vested interest) Credit where credit is due I say.

2. RB-R37297

RB-R37297 Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2009
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    It's stories like that that make me really think twice before buying a stand...

3. tptshark

tptshark Pianissimo User

Jun 4, 2005
    Hong Kong
    what state is he in?

4. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hi ozboy,
    God news on the Schilke, and a good reference. I suppose that was sent to Sydney?

BTW:
    Should I dare ask "How Far Did you Kicked the Nitwit?"

Merry Xmas and cheers to the family

5. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    Queensland.

6. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    BTW:

Should I dare ask "How Far Did you Kicked the Nitwit?"

He said he'd pay but took off without leaving any details. I live in a small town and it didn't take long to find his address. I am sending him the bill. If he doesn't pay, his reputation may cop a bit of collateral damage.
    Morrie is in Logan just sth of brisbane. he has a web site with some before and after shots. Thanks for the wishes Peter. We haven't had a trampoline accident in weeks so all is good.

7. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    It's not so much the use of a stand, but more the prevention of nitwits getting close to the instruments. If I have my instruments on a stand, they are nowhere near the public, and I never leave them on the stands during a break unless I stay with them.

I've been using trumpet stands for over 30 years and have never had such an accident (knock wood), but as a repairman I have had to repair many such accidents.