Awful Penny Lane Piccolo Solo

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TisEkard, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Adrian Perger

Adrian Perger New Friend

Jul 11, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I don't know how I keep finding zombie threads, but this still relevant, especially considering David Mason is now dead, and wasn't when the video was taken. :)

2. Puckish

Puckish Piano User

Jan 10, 2011
    "Long live Ringo"

Amen to that, eh Vulgano Brother? (His last name is Ringo . . .)

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
  4. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Yeah VB, NICE!!

SteveB and tobylou8 like this.
  5. peanuts56

peanuts56 Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2009
    The Fab Faux frequently play Penny Lane in their live shows. I have heard them perform it twice. Jeff Kievett played the solo the first time and John Chudoba was on trumpet for the second. Both guys absolutely nailed it and both got standing ovations. Both guys are monster players!
    If you really want to hear Beatles music this is the show to see. Will Lee from Letterman's Band and Jimmy Vivino who was with Conan's NY Band are with The Fab Faux. They don't tour a lot due to their day jobs but they are really something to hear. They use a 6-7 piece horn section and a couple of string players in their shows.
    Has anyone else heard them?

6. MAZ

MAZ Pianissimo User

Aug 6, 2007
    The Faux played the Rochester Jazz Festival this past June with the Hogshead Horns and Creme Tangerine strings. Outstanding show and John Chudoba did indeed nail the piccolo solo and received great applause.

7. kadleck

kadleck Artist in Residence Staff Member

Feb 28, 2006
    new york
    peanuts56 -

I totally agree, the Fab Faux is amazing! They really do justice to that music. I've subbed with them several times and have had the pleasure :shock: of playing that Penny Lane solo. A super fun gig!

Tony

8. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    What, what? I listened to the Paul clip and think I have lost my hearing...what?

9. peanuts56

peanuts56 Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2009
    Tony,
    I have heard you live a few times playing The Rob Mathes Christmas Show at SUNY Purchase. You Rock!!!
    I know Rob a little and love his Christmas Show. His arrangement of Twelve Days is just a killer.

10. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    I doesn't look so, though. :-P Watch out, VB, cause they are coming to get ya, you rascal! Your sentence: playing nothing but Penny Lane picc solo till the end of your life. That's the so called Penny Lane life sentence :shock: