B & S Trumpet(s)????

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by CJHTrumpet, Jan 30, 2012.

1. CJHTrumpet

CJHTrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 8, 2011
    Illinois
    So, a while back I had said that I was in search of a Bach Strad. and was asking about what kind I should get and any advice... well.. I get to go to some place in MO and buy it from there.. Except my instructor has thoughtfully :bash: .. changed his mind on what brand I should be looking at.. He wants me to look at a B & S trumpet? Idk if its one type, or numeral trumpets.. Dunno.. I've never heard of it till recently.. So, any advice on them? Good, bad, ugly about them/it? HELP.

2. Steve Hollahan

Steve Hollahan Pianissimo User

May 31, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    B & S trumpets are excellent. They are made in Germany to exacting standards. They follow many of Bach Stradivarius's design, but are made w/ more exacting standards. Check out the B & S website for info. Many artists are using them, Malcolm McNab and others. The Indiana University trumpet faculty have adopted the B & S trumpet and it is stocked for them at the Sam Ash store in Indianopolis, IN.

Almost sold my Bach for one. Also, Jean Baptiste 900 series trumpets are made by B & S. Check on it on eBay used. No longer available in stores.

3. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    You are the second post regarding this very question. You may wish to search engine for the B&S post to find ithers opinion. Apparently band directors like this horn. I haven't played one. If another student has one ask if you can try it out or go to the nearest dealer for a try out. Take someone with you with a good ear. Best reagards!

4. bachfella

bachfella Mezzo Piano User

Oct 11, 2011
    Claymont, DE
    I'll echo what Patkins said--take someone with you who has a good ear, and try some B & S trumpets. They may be great horns. I don't know, because I've never played one, but it never hurts to try them and see what you think.:-)

5. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Actucally guys, this is the same girl. She made this post first, realized it was in the wrong place and started a thread. Same girl.