Bach 2 Part Inventions

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MrWho3421, Feb 20, 2007.

1. MrWho3421

MrWho3421 Pianissimo User

Jun 1, 2006
  2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I can't believe what a wonderful gift this is, Andrew. I thank you for the work you put in to bring this to us. I'm going to take these to work today and ask one of our trombonists to read a couple with me over the next few days.

Again, thank you for your transription efforts. They are much appreciated.

ML

3. MrWho3421

Jun 1, 2006
    Thanks Manny!

Please let me know if you guys find anything which needs to be fixed or changed.

Andrew Kissling

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Yeah, thanks Andrew -- this is an awesome thing you've done!

5. MrWho3421

Jun 1, 2006
    http://www.akbrasspress.com/Bach 2 part inventions.....pdf

Here is an updated version. I made the spacing a little bit bigger.

It was suggested on trumpetherald that I make these available for 2 trumpets, trumpet and horn, 2 horns, trumpet and trombone and maybe even 2 trombones. What do you guys think? Do you think the part writting would suffer too much and make it not worth it? It is surely easy to make it happen in Finale. A few buttons and I have it in any configuration I want. I am just wondering if the music will suffer by putting these into similar registers. I surely don't want to have JS Bach rolling in his grave because of me. :-)

6. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Nice job!

You can also download it from Virtualsheetmusic.com. It has different keys if you download the Clarinet/Bassoon version.

I have a lot of Bach transcriptions on my site also. I just made a couple of Maurice André transcriptions.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  7. MrWho3421

Jun 1, 2006
    I changed the keys to accomadate the instruments.

8. vic

vic New Friend

Nov 19, 2003
    Arkansas
    Thanks, Andrew! This is just fantastic for me.

I heard these pieces around the house often as the son of a piano teacher.

Mother's practice routine typically included these Inventions.

However, it will be a long time before I can play them on anything other than a
    trumpet.

What a great windfall...........thanks again.

9. MrWho3421

Jun 1, 2006
    OK,

After all of the suggestions from trumpet herald and here, this is what I am going to do with the 2 part inventions. Let me know if this is crazy.

I am going to make it available for 2 tpt's, Tpt and French horn and Tpt and Trombone. With each of these there will be the option to get the first trumpet part in Bb, C or Eb. The trumpet duet version will have the 2nd part on Bb the entire time since that is the horn which the range of the part fits.

I am also going to release them as a transposition exercise book. I will just have them for 2 trumpets. The first part will move to a different key in each invention. The second trumpet part will always be in Bb. The first part will always be in either E, Eb, F, or A. Should I add any other keys?

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!!

Andrew Kissling
    Home

10. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    How about D, As and G? I think that D is really needed but As and G are not used often...