Bach 2 Part Inventions

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MrWho3421, Feb 20, 2007.

1. MrWho3421

MrWho3421 Pianissimo User

Jun 1, 2006
    How the heck could I forget D. DUH!!!! Sorry about that. I could put one in G. I don't know about As. I have never seen that.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Andrew Kissling

2. MrWho3421

Jun 1, 2006
  3. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Thanks again! Wonderful of you to do this.

Regards,

Richard

4. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    I played through about 10 of these with a trombonist friend. Man they are tough, but worth the effort. It never ceases to amaze me how incredible Bach's writing is.

5. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    I was pretty sure that I have seen in the orchestral literature As transposition somewhere, so I went yesterday through my excerpt book. I found that there is cornet solo from Don Carlos (Verdi) written in As. Even more, As transposition may be very useful to people who prefer the C trumpet over the B flat (it is exaclty the same transposition when you transpose B flat trumpet parts on C trumpet, which is frequently done in France). The only places I have seen G transposition is in some Bach cantatas and Barbiere di Seviglia (Donizetti)

6. MrWho3421

Jun 1, 2006
    Do they work well? I haven't had a chance to actually play them with someone yet.

Nick,

I have never seen anything for trumpet in the key of A sharp. I'm gonna look in my excerpt books. Anyone else ever see anything for A sharp trumpet?

-Andrew

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Andrew,

As (pronounced "Ahss") is A flat not A sharp. It's like Es transposition, which you have by now guessed is E flat. It comes from the German language.

There is one study in the Top Tones book in a# minor (7 sharps) but you're not going to find anything in A# major either as a key signature or transposition.

ML

8. MrWho3421

Jun 1, 2006
    Ha! My fault. I wasn't thinking about german translation. I have seen stuff in A flat. I will have to have one of them in that key.

9. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    They worked out nicely although the few times a low F came around it killed me trying to get it to come out as well as the other notes around it.

10. MrWho3421

Jun 1, 2006
    Yeah, I missed a few low F's from when I changed the keys. I am finding them as I play through the parts. They will all be weeded out when this going to production.