Bach and Light Weight *

Discussion in 'Horns' started by dbacon, Nov 28, 2003.

1. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.

Off the shelf LT Bell means LT body as well. LT43 Bell is going to come with a Light Weight Body unless you special order it. If you get a reverse leadpipe Bach you will have a LT body, but you could have a regular weight bell. So to have a complete LT Bach (which I have with my Large Bore) you need the Star sign on the bell. LR Bachs come with LT bodies. If you have no Star on the bell, you have a regular weight bell.

The bell is buffed once more for LT, so's the body.

I have a 37 regular weight bell on a light weight body, 43LR pipe. The regular weight bell really ties the sound together, the LT bells can loose a bit of projection. The H bell (heavy) is very nice for this as well. A little more work but worth it for the sound, does not break up at high volume.

2. jazzman54

jazzman54 New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    i owned a Bach 72 * with a 43 pipe once. it was an ok horn. i think the regular 37 is the best

3. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.

I've seen a Bach 43LT bell, LT body with the standard 25 leadpipe. I'm sure you could order one.

4. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.

I had one of those too, it needed a reverse pipe for commercial work. That got me to the 43LR/37 bell. Love that 37 bell. Great for Quintet playing, solo's, everything.

5. tptscream

tptscream New Friend

I just discovered (the hard way) that the LT refers to more than the bell. I purchased a rounded tuning slide for my 43*/43 workhorse, only to discover that the new slide is made of heavier guage (thicker) tubing than that of the original "square" slide. Upon investigating further, my repair guy told me that the LT term covers body, bell, most components. Wish I'd talked to him first. Anybody need a standard weight rounded (non-reverse) tuning slide? :?