bach bell

Discussion in 'Horns' started by highnotes_2000, Nov 22, 2004.

1. highnotes_2000

highnotes_2000 New Friend

May 31, 2004
    Dayton, OH
    i have a crack in my bach bell that can not be fixed. what bell do some of you think is great? this is to replace a bach 37 bell.

2. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Well, since Kanstul does repair/refurbishing work, and has several bells close to the Bach bells, that would seem a logical choice. I would call them and talk to them. You could potentially get anything from a Benge type bell to a Calicchio type bell to a Bach type bell. The choices would be quite a large with them.

1 888 KANSTUL

Jim

3. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    you could also just order a replacement bach bell to get the exact same thing you had. I believe you can do this directly through bach, there also many internet sources where you might find a cheaper price

4. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I know of someone that put an old French Besson bell on a Bach body and apparently this horn is out of this world.

Other than finding a vintage bell to use, I also would suggest calling Kanstul and seeing what they could do about it.

5. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    if you are talking about a selmer bach and one that you were happy with i would say send it to Melk. I believe that he keeps bach bells in stock.

6. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
  7. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    MUSICandCHARACTER, THANK YOU for posting that! I have a real need for a new bell on a trumpet, but I'm not exactly willing to throw a whole lot into it.

If the bidding doesn't go way overboard, I'll get her.

Van

8. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    You're quite welcome. I put links to used student trumpets from eBay up on my website for parents in case they need a "suggestion" (see: http://www.ibowtie.com/buyinghints.html )

You made me feel that all that time I spend wondering around on eBay was worth something.

Jim

9. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    I just bookmarked your link, by the way. :D

Theres a fellow I'm giving lessons to. He plays on a Conn vintage, I'm not sure of it, it has engraving like a band playing on the bell. The horn would be real good, but theres one problem: The bell flair has been dented in. Its the most horrific thing I've seen, like someone squeezed the hell out of the bell. Somehow he still can play decently through it, but I was looking him a bell.

I also was given a Bundy II trumpet, and the bell had been melted due to pathetic home soldering. So, if he ends up not getting it, I'm pretty sure I'll get it.

Again, thanks for you effort and dedication!

Van

10. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    How much does a new Bach or Kanstul bell cost? A friend of mine is actually looking to replace his 239 with a 229 and they were selling one for $800 at Osmuns. The price just seemed way too high.

Kevin