Bach megatone ?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by 12erlgro, Nov 4, 2010.

1. 12erlgro

12erlgro Pianissimo User

Oct 29, 2010
    Norway

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    I tried one out about a year ago and I didn't really like it. It felt a bit more open than I like and I got rid of it. That's all personal preference though, a lot of people like them.

3. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Nei, hvis du aldri har testet det, så skjønner jeg at du ikke kjønner noe av sleeves! Men det anbefales! Det forandrer munnstykket totalt! De i stål gjør at du ikke kan bende tonen, og de lette gjør dette til en lek!:play:feks

4. study888

study888 Mezzo Forte User

Aug 22, 2005
    Darlington S.C.
    Hello. If you wish to try a Bach Megatone or another heavy Mass type mouthpiece. The Conn CKB Trumpet/Cornet mouthpieces, are much better playing heavy mass mouthpieces. Than the Bach Megatones, (IMHO), have tried both.

The shank taper on the Conn CKB's M.P's will fit more, older/newer type Horns M.P. receivers, than the Bach Megatones.

The Conn CKB rim sizes run the same as the Bach Rim sizes. If you happen to like the Bach 7C rim size. Kelly Mouthpieces Internet site, have the best buy on the Conn CKB 7C in Trumpet(only).

The next best buy on the Conn CKB in Trumpet/Cornet M.P's is offered on www.1stopclarinet.com internet site.

The Conn CKB will give your horn more sound output with less effort. To me plays well in tune in all registers.

Unless maybe special ordering from Mouthpiece Express Internet site, for a B cup depth.. The Conn CKB is offered in a 7C/5C/3C/11/2C Rim sizes.

The Conn CKB cup depths run a little deeper(close to a B cup), than the same Bach rim sizes/ C Cup depth. Give one a Try. If you like Bach type rims, you will like the Conn CKB Rims better.

Good Luck

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010