Bach Rounded Main Tuning Slide

Discussion in 'Horns' started by John Heckathorn, Jul 11, 2005.

1. John Heckathorn

John Heckathorn New Friend

Jun 9, 2005
    Anyone know where on the net I can purchase one of the Bach rounded slides? Anyone have any recommendations on another slide that can open up a bach as well as the bach rounded slide? My friend has one that came with his 37, and it blew a heck of alot easier. I have found that the leadpipe and tuning slide on bachs have been the problem of the stuffiness and lack of response, and by finding a good pipe, or slide it makes all the difference.

2. RichN

RichN Pianissimo User

Sep 25, 2004
    UK (Mids)
  3. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Yes! the MK one is exactly what you're looking for

4. Chris4

Chris4 Pianissimo User

Jul 16, 2005
    Ebay always has Bach rounded tuning slides.You could try it to get a low price.

5. Adrian_H

Adrian_H Pianissimo User

Dec 4, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    I have purchased the MK Drawing tuning slide (braced version) from Will Spencer (he is just fitting a standard waterkey and lacquer at the moment). I tried it out over a couple of weeks including a tour to Holland and was very surprised. I thought my Bach ML180-43 was always quite a open horn anyway, but this slide really opens up the horn in both the upper and lower registers, and feels to have more vibrancy to the sound. On the whole, it is a great slide. Well worth checking out.

6. soundgrazer

soundgrazer Pianissimo User

Oct 6, 2008
    Montreal
    I was thinking of trying one of these rounded slides on my Bach Mercedes but would a slide made for the Strad fit on my Mercedes? Someone also suggested a reverse leadpipe. I basically have the same complaint; that my Bach has some good points but seems stuffy to play. Can I save money by modifying it or should I just get another horn?