Bach Strad 37 vs. MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Ayukawa, Jul 17, 2014.

1. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    Actually, you would be surprised how usable an older Mac is. If all you do are basic things like email, web, document editing, and watching DVDs, a Mac ten years old or even older can still do these things. The screen might be 4x3 and not-very-high resolution, but Mac OS 10.4 is still featured enough to get these things done, and still supports G3 processors. Mac OS 10.5 still supports G4 processors... you can install that on computers made in 2002, for crying out softly, and they are still quite usable!

Try that with an old PC. :-)

Tom

2. Ayukawa

Ayukawa New Friend

Jul 3, 2014
    Syracuse, New York
    Fortunately, I'm a computer guy, so I can replace the glass for under $20, myself. I wouldn't dare my own repair on a trumpet. I'm obviously kinda klutzy.

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    AND you don't have to worry about viruses! I have a G4, a MacBook and 2 MacMinis, they all still talk to one another and get the things done that I do. granted, that is less Mac than trumpets, but I have less computer usecases......

4. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
  5. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
  6. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    Personally, I'm a Linux guy. I have never even thought of getting a virus. It just doesn't happen. Lately, I've been spending some non-existent money to upgrade my technology. In two years it will be worthless again! I'm glad I can't say the same thing about my Scherzer Piccolo.

P.S. - I work as a Linux sysadmin and so I know my way around computers pretty well. It would be hard to get a virus installed without me knowing.