Bach Strad Model 25 large Bore

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by westwinds, Feb 4, 2011.

1. westwinds

westwinds New Friend

Jan 29, 2011
    Hi,I tried to post earlier but messed up the posting,I was wondering if anyone has any idea of the current market value? Near Mint condition as has seen little use,stored away for many year from an ex Pro Player,this is Bb with original case,the valves are silky smooth,I doubt you would find anything much better,the year c73/74.

I am going to sell some of my horns as have collected many but I do not use them all and what with the present economic climate,I may aswell raise some funds.

Any idea,advice would be appreciate,thanks very much!

2. harveyhassanator

harveyhassanator Pianissimo User

Sep 5, 2010
    Britain
    the thing is that, at the moment, nothing is selling to what it was several years back! which is a pain for anyone selling but a delight for buyers. i think it will be a case of looking around on sites selling your trumpet and getting an estimate and trying to sell it for that. if you have an idea for what you want to sell it, try it and, if it doesn't shift, try again a little lower :)
    Harvey

3. westwinds

westwinds New Friend

Jan 29, 2011
    Hi Harvey,
    Thanks for your response,we decided to put it on a 3 day ebay uk auction,tonight I have had offers up to £950.00 which I thought was good but someone else said try it on the ebay..so reluctantly it is there now.

Thanks again!

4. harveyhassanator

harveyhassanator Pianissimo User

Sep 5, 2010
    Britain
    no worries westwinds! hope you get a good amount for it!
    all the best Harvey

5. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Westwinds,

If it will help you with pricing, I picked up an almost mint (had one pin size scratch on the leadpipe) 1974 Strad (37 bell) last summer on E-Bay for $1100. Felt like I got a good deal -was expecting to pay $1,200-1,300. THe older Strads are more sought after than those from the 80s on. An early 60's is even far better and will add another $200+ to it easily.

So what do you have that you might be putting up? Whet our appetites.

6. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    westwinds - if I hadn't just picked up a great CG Benge I would really like your horn. Had a K.Allmen LB [.462] and that was a sweet horn. I tried to buy it back with no luck, a local pro bought it.