Bach Strad question

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by DGLawrence, Jan 7, 2012.

1. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Your killing me, too much cool stuff that I want.....you dont need 2, do you?

2. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    Actually,

I do not need two and if you are jonesing for a MT Vernon 3C, I would be willing to sell the one I am no longer using. I honestly remember what it was like. I love the both of them, but as my embrochure developed I gravitated towards one of the two. So, the one I am willing to sell it in great shape.

BrotherBACH

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  3. CRoberts8

CRoberts8 Piano User

Feb 7, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    I am pretty sure codyb226 is wrong in this case. I have been through quite a few vintage horns and have never heard of original shop cards being shipped with the horns. I believe that there was a fire in the shop in Mt. Vernon and the cards were rescued, otherwise all of the information on the horns would be lost. The horns were most likely not shipped with the shop cards, people only get them via email or photocopy from the originals which are only at the Bach factory.

Codyb226, where did you get this information?

4. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US

I am going to let you do some research on this. Make sure you report what you find, and when you decide that you were right in the first place. Just think of how people like BrotherBach, ebay sellers, and the seller I PM'ed you could possible have the original shop card. Have fun!

5. CRoberts8

CRoberts8 Piano User

Feb 7, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Bach used occasionally send a photocopy. I have a few of these from some of the older horns I have, I also have digital copies from shop cards I have personally requested. People can print these out and include them with the horn. Bach did not send these out with the horns when they were sold, they were "shop cards" for the shop, not for consumers.

6. DGLawrence

DGLawrence New Friend

Jan 6, 2012
    I called Conn-Selmer this morning and they will email the shop card for my 1960 strad in the the next few weeks. I don't recall and don't possess whatever paperwork there was with the horn in the first place; I was in high school then and am now retired! Anyway, I am looking forward to having it.

7. CRoberts8

CRoberts8 Piano User

Feb 7, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    You should get it in the next few days, sometimes if they are busy it takes a few days or they might forget. Pretty sure Ted Waggoner is the only person who has access to the cards and if he is busy he might not get to it. If you don't hear from them in a few days (perhaps a week or so) give them a call again to put in another request.

Best of luck with the card! Let us know what it says.

8. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    The shop card that I have is a photograph of the original. It was done in such a way that is looks exactly like the original index card but is on photographic paper.

BrotherBACH