bach stradivarius

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mlrenick, Sep 21, 2009.

1. mlrenick

mlrenick Pianissimo User

Sep 20, 2009
    Ft. Myers, Florida
    Hey, I just joined this website. I used to play trumpet in junior high and decided to take lesson again. I was able to find a nice Getzen 700 externa 2 to start out with. I really like it and got a good deal on it. I know alot of you say the bach stradavarius is nice so I thought you might be interested in this craiglist post.
    Bach Stradivarius Trumpet

2. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Hmmm, cheap!!!!

3. BergeronWannabe

BergeronWannabe Piano User

Feb 6, 2007
    Smells fishy...

4. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    definitely...

5. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    If it's within your travel distance, go ahead and check it out. The photos make it appear to be in pretty good condition. You might ask some questions about where it came from just to be sure it isn't 'hot' but otherwise, if it plays well, it seems like a heckuva good deal.

BTW, Welcome to TM. You didn't say how long ago Junior High was but if it was more than about 10 years ago, that may qualify you to become a certified member of the 'comeback players' club here. It is a very prestigious group and membership qualifies you for a lot of benefits - mostly ego-related and bragging rights. The dues are not high and you can send a check directly to the moderators who will then come and stamp your forehead with the official stamp of recognition. In fact, you can start your bragging by indicating which page of the Arban's book you are up to currently - or by posting a video of your inaugural recital on Youtube and putting a link here. See? Its fun and very easy. So, welcome aboard.

6. mlrenick

mlrenick Pianissimo User

Sep 20, 2009
    Ft. Myers, Florida
    I heard from the other forums they are inconsistent in making them. I think I'll stick with the getzen for now.

7. mlrenick

mlrenick Pianissimo User

Sep 20, 2009
    Ft. Myers, Florida
    Thanks for the welcome

8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    The Getzen 700 is a nice horn - I compared mine with Bach 180 and whilst there was not a huge difference I still prefer the Getzen - the valves are simply better, and I like the silverplate too. :cool: