Bach trumpet case

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Blind Bruce, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Blind Bruce

Blind Bruce Pianissimo User

Apr 17, 2009
    Winnipeg Canada
    I have a Bach Strad here at home for eveluation.:-) After playing it for several days, I do not expect to buy it (yet).:-( However, I am really impressed by the case.:D Wooden frame covered in waterproof cloth of some sort and a velour blanket to cover the top of the horn. I would be interested in buying one of these cases (sans the Bach emblems) if such is available. I don't like soft sided "gig bags".:-(
    Any thoughts?

2. RAK

RAK Piano User

Jul 23, 2009
    Kettle Falls, Washington
    I know a fellow who made this nice aluminum case for himself . It only took him several days in his friends shop. My case is getting old and its made of wood covered with the leather stuff. I also don't like the soft cases. You could buy a case made of plastic. If you got the skill I could get you the measurements of making an aluminum case. Buying a case online is expensive.Most cases online are made of plastic and cloth.

this one looks nice

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Bb-TRUMPET-...ents?hash=item48371f0617&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  3. heck99

heck99 Pianissimo User

May 29, 2007
    Horntrader has the old and new style Bach Stradivarius cases for sale for very reasonable prices: Cases: HornTrader
    Check wwbw.com (woodwind/brasswind) out as well, they may have some of the newer cases as well. Otherwise, ebay may have a few up for auction.

-heck

4. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    It is a Gladstone Deluxe case.

I suppose the company that manufactures them is ....Gladstone.

They are plentiful, affordable, and easy to find.

There are soft sided jobbers that are actually cases. Pro-tech cases look soft but are very protective.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009