Back fom Chicago

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Hey, all...

Just got back from the Windy City but I'm presently kinda fried. It was a great trip, the project is in its editing phase and I'm so bloody excited about it I can hardly stand it.

Yes, I know... teasing again. It'll be worth the wait, I promise.

Anyways, I had a great Chinese meal at the Phoenix and visited the Lemonade Ice stand in the Italian section. Unbelievable! Black Beauty behaved very well and I eluded the dreaded Wisconsin State Patrol, as promised. I only took her up to 100 once just so I could say I did. I know, by German standards I'm a piker. What can I say, the law's the law (when they're watching!).

Back to bizniz,

ML

2. Tarter_trpt8

Tarter_trpt8 Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    What's in the editing phase? I'm lost...
    Jeremy

3. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Hey Manny,
    I recently drove out to Minneapolis from Boston and I honestly didn't see a single speed trap after I got out of New York. Is everybody on vacation? Do midwest states even have highway patrol? Not that I'm complaining...
    -Jimi

4. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    AND YOU DIDN"T SAY "HI" WHILE YOU WERE HERE??

Harrumph.

ML

5. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    Welcome back manny mo! :D
    ya know smoe one was trying to clown you about your lip,s not moving!
    :lol:

6. BPinard

BPinard Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2005
    Setauket, NY
    yeah that was great :lol:

7. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Hey, C-dawg,

I'm the teflon man... nothing sticks (at least that's what all my teachers said...).

ML

8. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Hey Manny,
    I'm here for good now. 38th and Lyndale... I was gonna wait until I get back in shape from the summer before I come begging for a lesson or two, but anytime you want to stop by, dinner's at 6 and my roomate is a mean cook (I hit the roomate jackpot, doncha-know)
    -Jimi

PS. Minnesota is awesome! Today I'm going to the fair to get spaghetti and meat balls on a stick! Good times...

9. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I lived on 35th and Lyndale! South or north? I lived on the north side before I moved to the burbs for 8 years. We needed more room and found a great place on a lake. The lake I live on had the distinction of having an alligator in it for one summer!

When you go to the fair go to the Haunted House, it's hilarious. There are all kinds of buses to take, too if you don't want the parking hassle.

Welcome, and I look forward to hearing you when you digest the cheese curds. Oh, if you get the fresh lemonade, tell them "easy on the ice" and you get a heckuva lot more to drink than if you get it their way.

ML

10. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Hi Manny,
    I'm at Lyndale Ave. S., just a little west of the cemetary and right in between Lake Harriet and Lake Calhoun. For a cheap student apartment, this is not so bad.
    Thanks for the advice about the fair. I'm not sure if I'll be trying the cheese curds, but you can't beat lemonade at the state fair!
    -Jimi