Back from Drum Corps

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SpiritDCI08, Aug 10, 2009.

1. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    Hey guys,

I just got back from finishing my second season with Spirit Drum and Bugle Corps. It was a very enjoyable season with my baby blue brothers and sisters and a very dissappointing season at the same time. I'm bummed at our placing but what can you do.
    I also would like to say the Carolina Crown should have won. Sorry to any Blue Devil fans or alumnia.
    I would also like to congratulate Holy Name Cadets on not only a good season but their 75th year in this beautiful organization.

I can't wait for next season and I am really working hard on my next audition.

2. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Spirit,

That's a bad choice for font color. It's good that you had fun :play: but don't give us hard time while reading your posts.

3. erd402

erd402 Pianissimo User

Mar 21, 2009
    West Virginia
    The Cadets did a really good job this year. Santa Clara Vanguard did an amazing job when I saw them at the end of last month. One of the best sounding bands I have heard in a while, or at least they were when I saw them. Phantom really disappointed me this year. They did an encore after the show which I enjoyed the encore more than I did the show.

4. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    I really can't see how I gave anyone a hard time.
    Yes, Phantom was not on top of their game, i expect to see better in 2010.

5. jdostie

jdostie Piano User

Feb 20, 2008
    Welcome back. I loved Santa Clara's show this year. (I was at the show the day after DCI West); Interestingly, of all the corps at that show, although my favorite was Santa Clara, I was most impressed with Blue Coats. Nothing against Blue Devils, it might have been that their show didn't line up with my expectation of what I'd see from them - stylistically or other wise.

I also loved seeing Troopers again this year - that brought back some good memories.

6. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    That color is much better - easier to read on the TM back ground - do you get now what I meant?

7. Hoosier303

Hoosier303 Pianissimo User

Nov 2, 2008
    Indiana
    hope you enjoyed your stay in Indy!

8. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    I believe that BD's show was too safe. They sat in chairs instead of throwing down.

9. cobragamer

cobragamer Pianissimo User

Jan 26, 2008
    Raleigh,NC
    Go crown! I am disappointed that they did not show the finals on tv this year :(. I really wanted to see it maybe I can find a copy or borrow it from someone.

10. TrumpetLucian

TrumpetLucian Pianissimo User

May 7, 2009
    Indiana
    It was a great season of drum corps. I enjoyed every show I got to see, and regardless of who should have won or any other politics, Crown sounded fantastic and BD performed the heck out of their show. So congrats to all the corps on a great year, I had a fantastic tour myself.