Back on Earth after being on Cloud Nine

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Sep 2, 2006.

1. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Well here "burrow" is a word for digging a hole. Hmm!

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    (Donning flame suite)... maybe we should all switch to speaking French? ROFL

3. Bennem

Bennem New Friend

May 6, 2005
    UK
    I didn't know you were Canadian.........

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I often dig holes in my bureau and my boss sometimes qualifies as a burro. Edinburgh was very nice but I wanted to bury the Haggis after finding out what it was made from..........

5. trpt2345

trpt2345 Mezzo Forte User

May 21, 2006
    Morelia, Mexico
    Hold on a second, in Mexico (which is technically part of North America) it is not colloquial but proper, the animal is "un burro" or "una burra" if female. My mother in law has two, and when I was practicing there last week they began to "rebusinar" (now THERE'S a great word) until they got used to it.
    That was only one of the things that happened on a three week trip which I may relate in a new thread. Manny, great to hear your stories, keep them coming. The brass guys from the orchestra at the Concertbugouw came to town last year to do an all-brass concert with the brass section from the CSO, and they came by the school, a terrific and talented bunch who could down Heineckens afterwards like true pros.

Michael McLaughlin

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
    William Butler Yeats

6. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    This is purely because you didn't have a fresh one - if you are able to catch your own haggis they are much nicer fresh:D