BADBOY LAST DAY AT BOEING...

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by BADBOY-DON, May 3, 2004.

1. BADBOY-DON

BADBOY-DON Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wa.
    Friday, I closed the door to my art studio at The Boeing Company in Seattle...and exited "STAGE LEFT" into retirement....

How strange to sleep in this morning...until 8:30 be be awoken by the Gig Harbor Garbage crews...bangin-n' clangin' (They had such a great rhytm going...I almost felt like grabbin' the ol' Callet..to join in with an impromto jam session....

Just to think...NO MORE 4:00 A.M alarm clocks...
    NO MORE ...COMMUTES FROM HELL....
    NO MORE DROP-DEAD ART PROJECTS
    NO MORE EXTRA $$$ OVERTIME PAY...

In a Randy Brecker song: "MY MONKEY, AIN'T GOT NO TIN-CUP!
    however I am still soooooo lucky, I got out of that place...alive...and now me, my trumpet and my little Wheaten Terrier can hang out in front of the local Starbucks pubs...play for food and drink...or PROMISE NOT TO PLAY FOR FOOD AND DRINK....
    :twisted:
    THIS, HOWEVER COMES WITH A POSSIBLE DOWNSIDE: My new CFO-CEO "Saint Carol, my wife...and Mr. Greenspan...are horrific TASK-MISSEES'-N'-MASTA'S...n'allthat jazz.

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Sincerest congratulations, Don. Now you can do some really SERIOUS kite flying! (bet your wife tells you that all the time!)

Enjoy yourself....you've undoubtedly worked hard for it and organised yourself for it.

3. alanbach

alanbach Pianissimo User

Dec 10, 2003
    South Wales U.K.
    In six months time you will wonder where the hell you found time to go to work........I've been retired for over six years and have enjoyed every minute of it. Congratulations mate ...enjoy your retirement...I do.

4. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Don,

I'm envious!

Best wishes on many, many long years of great health, adaquate wealth and good times.

May you and your bride of many years be truly blessed in your retirement years.

Warmest regards,

Tom Turner

5. linkera

linkera New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    Slidell, LA
    Retirement

Hey Don,

Congratulations, I'll be right behind you. I'll be retiring on June 3. I also will be leaving the world of visual information to dodder on in the trumpet world. Music/fishing will take up a lot of my time. Have a good time "and
    all that jazz"...to cop a phrase.

Allan

6. bgood

bgood New Friend

Mar 25, 2004
    Eastern Washington
    Let me add my congrats, too Don, on such an achievement!! Hope you find much fulfillment in future trumpet playing, and my such a nice area to live in for fishing! Maybe you can come over here to Eastern Washington sometime and enjoy the sun. If you do stop in for some refreshment.

7. Thevor

Thevor Pianissimo User

Oct 24, 2003
    Next to the Volcano
    Congrats, Don.

When I pick up an E2 you'll have to give me some "real" lessons. Keep the music in those earballs and the wind to your back.

From your eastside brother,
    Geo

I only have 183,278 hours and 40 minutes until I retire but who's counting?

8. livertwist

livertwist New Friend

Feb 8, 2004
    Calgary, Alberta
    Congratulations, Don. Put that spare time into good works like buying trumpets for the needy (me).

I only have another.. ummm... 24.3 years to go. Sigh...

Oliver

9. DrunkIQ

DrunkIQ Pianissimo User

Nov 21, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Cool!

I hope you have a lot of fun! I can't wait until the day where I will have the time to do all those things I never have a chance to get around to.

Cheers,

-marc

10. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Sche├člitz, Germany
    Congratulations! Way to hang in there....time to reap the rewards of hard work :)