Bamberg Guys in Iraq

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Tootsall, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    This was taken today from the CNN website:

"NEW YORK (AP) -- U.S. soldiers in Iraq have new gear for dispersing hostile crowds and warding off potential enemy combatants. It blasts earsplitting noise in a directed beam. "

Does this mean that the Gary Wilder decided to take the Banshee after all?

:D

2. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    I'd guess that Gary is so desperate to play a horn, any horn, that he picked up one of those piece of junk horns made in the Third World and started blasting on it! The awful sound those things make would be enough to scare anybody off!

:lol:
    Bill

3. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Actually, Gary JUST arrived, as he drove and I flew... we are in Tikrit Iraq now, and getting ready to move into our palace. Thats right, I said palace. We are living in one of Saddams Palaces and it seems to be pretty damn nice.... marble and gold... beautiful buildings. However, we had a close call yesterday when a sax player and I exited the chowhall... we were standing around waiting for our food to settle when we heard a loud BOOOOOM and a *PING* noise, and another loud BOOOOOOOOM. Well, that was 3 mortars in a row. The 2nd one didn't explode, but rather, landed about 15ft in front of me and stuck in the asphalt. Needless to say, if that thing had gone off, you'd have heard about it on CNN last nite. Anyway, god was looking out for me there, and we are all doing fine here. Iraq sucks, but, we'll make the best out of it. Stay safe over there, and keep us in your thoughts about Julyish... its supposed to be upwards of 140 degrees.
    -Jarrett

4. busnutmedic

busnutmedic New Friend

Jan 1, 2004
    massachusetts
    Hey :)
    I just wanted to thank you guys again, all of you who are in the millitary or are veterans! And to those who are currently serving, we'll be praying for you :)

Bonnie

5. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi to all the Bamberg crew !

I hope you are all well and not too homesick.

I know you and Gary are probably missing me Jarrett, so if the US Army will allow me, ill fly out to fix up some horns for ya. :lol:

Oh yeah !!! I have battle scars from that Bamberg Party at Mikes that you would be quite proud of Jarrett.

Hope to hear from you all soon

Keep your heads down!!!

Leigh

6. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I wish I was there Jarrett but as I'm sure you may have heard my back is in worse shape than originally thought with the two other herniated disks. It is quite lonely being the only Eclipse here in Bamberg even though I have gone to Thomann's yesterday just to play on a few others. :(

As for Leigh's battle scars, I'm sure they are a sight to see. If I had only gotten rid of the Christmas tree before the party! My wife's butterfly was also a casualty in the rumble on the porch. I just found it today under a pile of leaves I raked up, but that is the way of the world. Needless to say, it will not live to fight another day thanks to the fact that the "UK is #1" Leigh. :wink:

I'm already planning a total blowout for the guys at my place when they get back but will be sure to put away everything on the porch so that we have no more casualties of war.

Take care, say hi to the crew and keep your head down Jarrett.

7. Jazzman

Jazzman Pianissimo User

Dec 16, 2003
    Take care out there guys. Thank you for your efforts in keeping this world free and liberated.........bring back one of Saddam's floor tiles! :lol: