Banquet?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by 40cal, Apr 21, 2007.

1. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota
    Do people go to the banquet?

Also, is it necessary to rent a car? The reason I ask this is I have been offered a ride to and from the airport/convention but do not want to be an imposition on the person.

thanks,

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit

I won't be going to the airport, but for the week I will have a car (mine or a rental) if you need to go somewhere.

-cw-

3. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    40- I'll be at the banquet, as will many others, too I would think. I'll have my car there, too.

4. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    I will have a car and I am staying at the Clarion. I don't think you have much to worry about lining up a ride.

Getting back to your hotel at night might be the tough one. I don't stay long at the jazz venue so I can roll out in the morning. The jazz venue might be a good RP for the ride back to your hotel.

Most people attend the banquet.

5. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota

Sweeet, I'm at the Clarion too. Maybe we can set up a pistol range w/some steel to run some IDPA like stuff.

6. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota
    Call me stupid, but what about lunch and stuff. Are there places to eat on campus ? (aside from the school cafateria or whatever they call it?)

7. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Yes to everything.

It is a conference requirement to have food service available within walking distance.

I always buy the lunch ticket for the week. It is not cost effective but it is very convenient. I usually miss a meal so a low cost meal plan isn't really low cost.
    Some people go off campus but that means losing a parking place or missing the next performance.

I spend my cash on music and compact discs, not food. The vendors take credit cards.

8. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota
    Thanks for all the info...it makes my life a lot less aggravating when thinking about trips like this.

I registered for the conference and the "meal plan".

THIS IS GONNA ROCK.

9. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Since I get there on Sunday and will tour Mystic Seaport Monday and maybe Tuesday morning I'll have the desk person clued in on our need to get together. I have an upgrade available for a compact car or something like that so I may be able to get a few to the conference every day.

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  10. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    40cal, and Clarion people,

I am heading for Boston on Tuesday morning. I plan to get back to the Clarion by 4:00 pm. At 5:00 pm I'll hang in the lobby for a few minutes then head for registration and the opening. I'll have room for more people.