Baseball's season opener.... couldn't have been better

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Thevor, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Thevor

Thevor Pianissimo User

Oct 24, 2003
    Next to the Volcano
    The 2004 MLB season has begun and it couldn't have started any better.

The Yankees were pummeled by Tampa Bay in the first game of the season in Japan. It was perfect. BTW the box score for the newest Yankee purchase, A-Rod went 0 for 5 at bat. Let the Yankees melt down begin.

Is this going to be a fun season to watch or what?

Go M's

2. chetbaker

chetbaker Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    GEORGIA
    Geez...ONE game and you act like they lost the WS! :roll: I guess you should get your digs in now 'cause, come Oct., you won't be able too since they'll be sitting in 1st place and on to another WS!!! :lol: Oh, A-Rod?...he'll hit 50, at least! :D

GO YANKEES!!!!!GO YANKEES!!!!!GO YANKEES!!!!!

Butch
    P.S. BTW...what league do the Mariners play in....is it "A' or "AA"...I forget! :?: They DO play baseball, right? :idea:

3. Thevor

Thevor Pianissimo User

Oct 24, 2003
    Next to the Volcano
    HA! I was commenting on the season opener, it's not even in the equation to think about the WS, let alone think the laughable, the Yankees making it to the playoff's.

I fully expect a meltdown of the Yankees this year. You cannot combine that many egos and high priced prima donnas into one clubhouse and NOT have some sort of crash. With a beefed up Red Sox, Orioles and the sleeper team last year Tampa Bay, the Yanks are looking at a tough fight in the AL East.

Everyone knows that A-rod can produce the numbers. He is a consistent .300 hitter but the thing he is also consistent at is his inability to score with men on base when it counts. He can't win the big ones. If by playing 3rd base his numbers start to drop, watch for the golden boy to start whinning.... it's only the beginning.

BTW, the Yanks slaugthered the D-Rays today 12-1 yikes! some pitcher had a bad day.

Steroids should be banned from baseball, eliminate Steinbrenners pocketbook.

4. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    I just can't believe the Marlins let Pudge Rodriguez go like they did. He is without a doubt one of the greatest catchers the game has ever seen.

5. Thevor

Thevor Pianissimo User

Oct 24, 2003
    Next to the Volcano
    bat,

I couldn't agree more, having watched Pudge nearly his entire career with the Texas Rangers, he was always a threat on offense and defense. There is no catcher in baseball that can throw to second base like he does. There is no one that can do the quick snap throw from his knees to first base like Pudge does. He has embarassed many base runners with that move. His bat, well the numbers speak for themselves.

It boils down to economics for the Marlins..... its a sad, but money is the game of baseball.