Battle Royale!!!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Martin Williams, Jan 18, 2006.

Muppets or Sesame Street?

1. Muppets

100.0%
  2. Sesame Street Characters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It would be a draw!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    Who would win a Battle Royale Between the Muppets (the real Muppets, not the Muppet Babies) and the Sesame Street characters?

And why?

2. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    First off you have Big Bird, Snuffalopagus, and that big guy Hairy....all pretty good sized dudes,than you have Oscar the grouch...his attitude pretty much tells how psycotic he could be in the ring....Now it has been said that Bert and Ernie were in a homosexual relationship.....not that there is anything wrong with that.....but those are two guys I would want in my corner....with all those bedroom battle royales those two got into I am sure they have plenty of submission hold moves....It's kinda hard to outline any other Sesame Street Character....Are'nt Muppets and S.S. Characters one in the same???

3. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    Personally, I'm all for the muppets.

Animal? I dont wanna get in his way.

And Miss Piggy we all know can throw down.

Gonzo is crazy enough(maybe just stupid) to get whatever done

plus they have those two scientist types, beaker and whats-his-name, who would probably just blow them up!

Sure, sesame has size, but apart from oscar, and MAYBE the evilness of bert, they dont have anything. Ernie cant even put down the ducky(and you've gotta put down the ducky to play the saxophone!) and Snuffalwuffagus?? hes to depressed to do anything and what good is he if big bird is the only one who can see him?

4. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota
    Big Bird being the sole person to see snuffy is a good thing. Makes Snuffy more ninja like.

5. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    You have to ask?

Animal could stand up there on his own while the rest of the muppets watched from the sidelines!

Animal rules !!!

Oh yeah, that brown dog on the piano is pretty cool too! cannot remember his name though (mick i think?)

Why am i posting this? Oh well

Regards

Leigh

6. Kevin Hilman

Kevin Hilman Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2005
    Salt Lake City, UT
    The piano playing dog is named Ralph I believe. He's not very tough although I'll admit he plays one hell of a piano...

I gotta go with Sesame Street...I mean c'mon...they've got a vampire on their side in Count Chocula or whatever his name is. Also, you don't want to count out Mr. Hooper...the dude ran a convenience store so you know he's gotta be a tough old codger. Finally you've got cookie monster who'll eat just about anything. GAME OVER!!!

7. mazzrick

mazzrick Pianissimo User

Sep 16, 2005
    Berlin, Germany
    Has anyone seen the japanese movie battle royale. It's not quite along the same lines as the Muppets or Sesame Street. It's more troubled than either but very thought provoking. It's set in a hypothetical futuristic Japan where Germany and Japan won World War II. Ironically, society collapses and there is a large anti-youth faction of the government, so they impliment the Battle Royale Act, in which a 9th grade class chosen at random every year is sent to an island where they all must kill each other until there is only one left alive. Like I said not very reminiscient of the Muppets. It's a very interesting movie whether you agree that it is a social commentary of just a gorey movie. I would recomend it if you're still interested after the synopsis.

8. mazzrick

mazzrick Pianissimo User

Sep 16, 2005
    Berlin, Germany
    Has anyone seen the japanese movie Battle Royale. It's not quite along the same lines as the Muppets or Sesame Street, just a touch more troubled than either but very thought provoking. It's set in a hypothetical futuristic Japan where Germany and Japan won World War II. Ironically, society collapses and the children become highly delinquent. There is a large anti-youth faction of the government who impliments the Battle Royale Act, in which a 9th grade class chosen at random every year is sent to an island where they all must kill each other until there is only one left alive. Like I said not very reminiscient of the Muppets. It's a very interesting movie whether you agree that it is a social commentary of just a gorey movie. I would recomend it if you're still interested after the synopsis.

9. Kevin Hilman

Kevin Hilman Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2005
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Way to hijack a thread!