Beginner Trumpets

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dave, Dec 30, 2006.

1. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    You can't rent to own Olds horns!

1. Getzen
    2. Yamaha
    3. King

(Haven't played a Jupiter and I detest Bach student horns.)

2. Dave

Dave Guest

That was precisely why I was looking into beginner models. The dealer where my kids rent cannot get Getzen or Yamaha or Blessing. He does carry Antigua saxophones so he can get that, and he can also get King.

3. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Trumpetmike,

This is so true and part of the reason I will not teach in a public school.

As much as I appreciate the compliment, I am no where near Paul's ability.

uatrumpet,

With the price of a used Olds, you would not need to rent to own.

On a side note, I am sort of taking your advice Dave. I will be shelving the Eclipse for one month and playing strictly on an Olds.:lol:

I also have a student who plays a King and it seems to be working out really well for her.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  4. Reverend

Reverend Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2003
    Greater Houston area
    The Fides Allegro is also an excellent student horn! I had a graduate assistant (who is a former band director) from Baylor University try the Allegro and was very impressed!

Blessings,

5. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    You'd be surprised. I've got students whose parents can't afford phones (thus, no Ebay)! Thankfully, we have extra instruments to loan out. If I were trying to locate used student horns, an Olds would be at the top of the list. Of course, one needs to do a certain amount of business with the local music store in order to make sure the road man keeps coming out to the school.