Beginners Question

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by pepeargento, Jul 8, 2010.

1. pepeargento

pepeargento New Friend

Jul 6, 2010
    dearest friends
    do you know the trumpet boosey & hawkes? its good very good or poor trumpet? thanks for all pepe

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Re: Beginners Question?

Pepe,

You will need to give us a lot more detail of the trumpet you are investigating - I have a Boosey and Hawkes Regent MkII trumpet - it is a student level horn but is good quality, well made, and a robust little trumpet. Mine was made in 1955 and still is a very pretty little trumpet with a nice sound. The B&H trumpets are British made and of good quality, in my experience. Perhaps you should start this thread as a new thread - this one is quite old, nearly two years old.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  3. pepeargento

pepeargento New Friend

Jul 6, 2010
  4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Re: Beginners Question?

Pepe, as I said - you should start a new thread on this and ask your question anew. My Spanish language skills are non existent, I only have English, and the Google translation didn't give me enough clues - I am unable to help, sorry.

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Looks a whole lot like a Besson, as when Boosey & Hawkes owned them. Then not all were made in the UK, some were manufactured in India. Actually looks identical to my Kanstul Besson 609 (USA). The inclusion of the lyre bespeaks to me a student grade horn, thus if priced in U.S. dollars, I'd say no way would I pay that much. The lyre must be interchanged with third slide ring, thus a problem for tone of some notes.