Bell Metals

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by codyb226, Feb 1, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Nice follow through Cody. Thanks for the updated confirmation.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Rowuk, I for one appreciate your monitoring and keep information as close to accurate as can be possible. Cody, guessing has the risk giving out wrong information, and on this one, you minimized that risk, and I am more knowledgable as a result of where this discussion has progressed. I want to again thank you for the effort in validating your guess, bet even more, I want to thank rowuk for instilling value into this thread, as it enhances the value of TM. In such a way, TM will continue to attract members that are really wanting to learn about their instrument. That IS why I am here, nearly daily, not that I am verbose (OK maybe a little that I am verbose); but moreso, because I really want to learn about my axe.

Thanks TM

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    My answer to this is "make do" with whatever instrument and bell you have, and when you buy, do likewise with what you like, even if your only criteria is that it is "nice and shiny". I still say 99% of the sound produced is player originated and only 1% instrument / mouthpiece, not sayin' the second won't affect the first for the sound produced.

Could I instantly "make do" on the ultimate (and much more expensive) instrument? Not very likely, but perhaps in a month or more I might. Would I then enjoy the ultimate instrument more? Don't believe I would as I've not the ego to sustain it.

Would the audience discern such as applys to the instrument only? I don't think 1 in a million (or more) could discern the difference in an original Stradivarius violin and any other. If so, how do you think they could discern the difference in quality of a trumpet? IMO it is only the sound of the music that matters to an audience.