Bell's Pasley 3 months ago !!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JaiHandy, Dec 5, 2010.

1. JaiHandy

JaiHandy New Friend

Jan 8, 2009
    Lorain OH.
    I recently came home Sept 9th, from a local hospital, and was crushed !! Bell's Pasley !! WOW !! Major "STOP" !! And I just ordered a custom Bach !! Needless to say, I had to buy straws to drink coffee !!! Hahahaha !! Well, I wasn't that crushed ........ 2 weeks ago, I tried to play while listening to some smooth funk, and ........ I could play a little !!! again, WOW !!! A total of 4 months have gone buy, and am now playing again ?? Unheard of ..... Yes !!! I was told, (Doctor) that it would be from 1, to about 3 yrs before I would regain my muscles back !! I do have some muscle control issues, but Im still able to go out and Jam at sessions, as long as I don't over do it, Hahaha !!! Thank You God !!! :play: !!!

2. Scatmanblues

Scatmanblues Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2010
    West Texas
    Keep at it.

A friend of mine who just recently passed away battled Bell's Palsy for over 6 years, but was still able to keep playing.

It took him a bit initially to overcome, but as he kept working, he was able to get back to playing with his band. I played a couple of rehearsals and a performance with him a couple of years after it hit him, and would have never known from his sound that he was having issues.

He kept a handkerchief in his left hand, and would occasionally dab the corner of his mouth, or even hold his corner up with his hand during a high passage to make things happen, but he made it work.

Scatmanbles

3. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Pianissimo User

Apr 7, 2010
    Canada
    This is all inspirational. Bells runs in my family, so there is a bit of dread there.

DK