Belmont Stakes on ABC June 10

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bugler, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Thanks, Bugler. If you happen to see him,please tell him I'm gong to see Jordan tomorrow, Saturday.

Thanks again,

ML

2. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  3. dow30

dow30 Piano User

Apr 26, 2005
    NY
    Churchill might be Steve Buttleman.

4. Bugler

Bugler Banned

Indeed Steve is the CD bugler and a good player! It has been a few years due to logistics since we have played together but I do look forward to the reunion. He is atypical, being quite the humble trumpeter. A good lesson to learn. He also designed our banners.

Come on Manny. You know who I am...............

PEACE!!!!!!

5. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Congratulations! Who are you hiring?

6. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Well, I guess I do now...

ML

7. Bugler

Bugler Banned

Thank you for your reply.

This is a CHALLANGING gig, to say the least, anda very rewarding gig on its best!!!!

I am looking for atypical trumpet players who are able to memorise music (mostly fanfares but some songs including the SSB), leave thier ego at the door, comfortable playing on a Bach herald trumpet that I will supply AND in a strict uniform, able to play perfectly in front of 100,000 live patrons and millions more via simulcast.

Candidates are willing to travel (plane and hotel paid for by me), and willing to spend a lot of time REHEARSING music AND choreography. You must be able to triple and double tongue with excellence.

Job pays better than union scale without the dues, and rehearsals are paid. (Not a lot, but who pays?)

I would prefer those in the NY-Philadelphia area, but if you are a qualified candidate in another state, I have the ability to place you at a race track in your area as a paid official track bugler with a regular gig (however there are no guarantees that jobs are available or that said race track will be willing to hire you. It all depends on what's open and YOUR attitude.)

Be advised, many players come to me with a great BS story only to get the gig, and I see right through them and have no qualms about firing them (or not hiring) on the spot. So you had better be a dedicated pro if you want this gig which offers more national TV exposure than any other trumpet playing gig in the world!

In other words, this gig is extremely demanding for a typical trumpet player, yet extremely EASY and REWARDING for a dedicated, true professional trumpet player.

Finally, you have to understand that you will most likely NOT be playing 1st trumpet, but more likely 2nd, 3rd or 4th depending on who I have on the gig.

We do approx 20 gigs a year and growing. I do not expect you to give up a good gig for mine, but you have to commit to my gig and don't even think of bailing out for "something else" at the last minute.

Have you ever been cheered by 100,000 live patrons?

Smart ass replies only further the general reputation of trumpet players which I am dedicated to changing.

Please don't waste your time or mine.

8. Bugler

Bugler Banned

I sincerely appreciate your willingness to allow me to post here and hopefully let bygones be bygones. I have learned from my mistakes.

9. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Let's be clear: I had nothing with your ability to post or not post here, same as everyone else. That being said, you know what it takes to get along with everyone here. Enjoy TM and the relationships you develop here with the large variety of people that are around.

ML

10. Bugler

Bugler Banned

Thank you Manny.