Bemidji guest teachers/performers

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trmptr, Sep 25, 2008.

  1. trmptr

    trmptr Pianissimo User

    May 10, 2005
    Bemidji, MN
    Just wanted to let you know what's happening this year at Bemidji State. I'm on sabbatical and I only get 80% of my pay, so I convinced our administration to use the remaining 20% to bring guest artists to the school to teach for me for a week. Every student gets a lesson and some of the guests are doing performances as well. We just had Charles Lazarus (MN Orchestra, formerly Canadian Brass, Meridian Arts Ensemble and Dallas Brass) here this week and he performed with his quartet and gave a fantastic concert!

    Next, in November is Laurie Frink ('nuff said - she'll be amazing!)

    In February is my good friend Tim Farrell from Ft. Lewis College - great, versatile player!

    In April is Bob Dorer from the MN Orchestra - fantastic player and teacher.

    And I'm still working with Rashawn Ross (Dave Matthews Band) to find a date during the spring semester. He'll do a performance as well.

    In addition Rex Richardson is one of the guest artists for our Jazzfest this year. It's an exciting year for trumpet in Bemidji!

    If anyone is interested in hanging out and observing or coming to concerts, just let me know.

Share This Page