Benge Leonore

Discussion in 'Horns' started by musicalmason, Feb 8, 2004.

1. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    I was looking at Benge horns online, and before the bore size on some horns it says "leonore" the following bore is usually .459 or .462, it didnt describe leonore though, what does this mean?

2. felix c

felix c Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Puerto Rico
    Dear Friend;
    This Benge trumpet you see at united musical site its a trumpet designed by Conn. Is not a true Benge. If you look Conn Constellation newer model and King Flair You will find that are very identical. If you are planning to buy a new trumpet do not consider this trumpet or other Benge models. Look for an older Los Angeles Benge, Or buy a Kanstul Chicago line trumpets, This latest ones are clones of an Chicago Benge. ( the real Benge) I wish this help.
    Please check at:
    http://www.kanstul.net/pages/instruments/chicagon.html

Thanks

3. Liberty Lips

Liberty Lips Pianissimo User

Dec 7, 2003
    Another possibility is to look into the Burbank trumpets that Mike Thomas distributes, also manufactured by Kanstul. That was a venture that Donald Benge participated in.

4. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper New Friend

Dec 31, 2003
    Indiana
    This model "Benge" was(is) a Bachish style (not a straight clone) trumpet for more classical use - and I agree if you want a trumpet that plays like a real Benge - this is not the one. However if you are looking for an alternative to a Bach that is a little different and are on a tight budget you might give it a try. Some dedicated Bach players found that the trumpet played a little better around F to G at the top of the staff than an average Bach. I assumed they named it Leonore to give keep players from thinking of Harry James - instead Beethoven: Leonore Overture No.3, Op.72; Symphony No.7,Op. 92 .