Bent Horn

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Peter McNeill, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Another Bent Horn = Bent but Beautiful.

A B&S Challenger II

[​IMG]

And a Picture of the Whole Banana

[​IMG]

Pick it up in 2 weeks. Now I have something to look forward to.:D

codyb226 likes this.
  2. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Peter, Peter, Peter..... Dont you have enough super cool horns? Maybe it is time to stop getting horns for you self and sell them super cheap to us student TM members.

But really, that is a cool horn! I always like the bent bell ones and the B&S trumpets are great. Make sure you tell us how it is!

3. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Thanks Cody,

I surely will let you know how it plays. I am hoping it plays like a Bach Strad but with the added advantage of the bent up bell for projection over the heads of the Saxes :) Just have to wait to get my mits on it. Eager Anticiiiiiipppppppation
    Cheers

4. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Nice Peter, the n+1 has struck again! Wait to see my latest creation, as soon as I work up enough courage to bend a bell!!!

Regards, Stuart.

5. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Have you played the B&S's before? I think they are just like a strad, but not as good. Given, I have never played a bent horn like this but I think it will be nice.

6. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Yes, I played one a long time ago at MWWB at North Road, in Melbourne.

I was given one to try, and played it for about 10 minutes, and told the guy that it played just like my Bach Strad 37 - not knowing what it was at the time. He told me that was what it was aimed to do - copy the Strad for sound and feel, but at a cheaper price. I hope it plays the same as I remember those B&S horns. They seem to be an OK horn.

7. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Yeah, they are great horns. I was looking into one before I got my new Yammie. Plays like the 37, but not twins. Is that a custom job or was it new like that?

8. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    I will let you know. At the moment Not Sure.

9. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    How is the bracing done at the front of the bell? Is it just taken off? Is it positioned farther back? Is it like the Getzen 'dizzy' horn?

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    The Peter, just posting a picture is NOT enough. You MUST post an audio clip of you playing this beautiful piece of trumpet equipment. I REALLY REALLY want to hear the sound.