Bert Kampfert

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by TrumpetHarold, Jun 2, 2005.

1. TrumpetHarold

TrumpetHarold New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    I have been busily transcribing Bert's solos as of late, and am amazed at the depth of this man's work. Is there anybody else here who is up on Bert?

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I'm not "up" on him, but I really enjoy his music. I suspect it's a generation thing: he along with James Last were a couple of "the" bands that they'd listen to on the radio whenever they got the chance. "Walk In the Black Forest" is a great tune.

3. Jazz Man

Jazz Man New Friend

Sep 29, 2004
    I think it was Bert I heard

on the radio the other day.

Absolutely blew me away!

Man he's great, what could

you tell us about him? :cool:

Jazz Man

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
  5. chetbaker

chetbaker Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    GEORGIA
    To my knowledge Bert did the writing...somone else, Fred something or other, did the playing. So, unless you're saying that Bert wrote out all of the solos note for note, which is possible, you're transcribing someone else's playing! :-o
    Butch

6. Balt58

Balt58 New Friend

Feb 18, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I have every album that Bert recorded from 1958 until 1979. I have been an enormous fan since I was seven years old and the week still dosen't go by that I don't play his music. The man recorded over 450 songs and about about half of them he composed.

His most famous soloist was Manfred Moch, who did most of the solo work in the mid to late 60's. Bert used Werner Gutterer on occasion in the late 60's as well and went with Ack Van Rooyen from 1970 'til the end. I'll endevour to answer any question you have about Bert, the band, the studio, the recordings...

Here to help!