Besson Info Needed

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MarkSteinCA, Mar 25, 2005.

1. MarkSteinCA

MarkSteinCA New Friend

Mar 25, 2005
    I just found your forum and look forward to spending hours reading it. I collect and play intruments and recently saw a Besson Stratford ser 189XXX for $100 at an antique store. I haven't been able to find much on this instrument on the Internet, so I don't know if I should add it to my collection of 2 trumpets, 1 cornet, 1 clarinet, 1 C Melody Sax, and 1 player Piano.

Any body know anything about this horn?

2. MarkSteinCA

MarkSteinCA New Friend

Mar 25, 2005
    Besson Trumpet Response

OK, either no one knows about this instrument or you don't talk to nebie posters. I didn't decide to buy the trumpet anyway because the worn out copper finish led me to believe that it was not worth $100.

I'm a sax player who collects and learns to play various intruments so I don't know as much about brass as most of you here. Maybe someone will have a comment on the rest of my collection:

Buescher Windsor Cornet
    Olds Ambassador Trumpet
    Supertone Trumpet made in Checkoslovakia (Sears brand?)
    La Sele German Clarinet
    C.G. Conn C Melody Sax
    Melville Clark Apollo Player Piano
    Gemeinhardt Flute

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Mark, I don't think you are being ignored.... the Stratford line isn't really as well known in North America as it might be in the UK. Generally folks on here are more than happy to give their opinions! (to put it mildly... after all, we play trumpet). Check your private messages.